Privacy Statement of the Kettenfabrik Mester GmbH
Data Processing Declaration (according to the General Data Protection Regulation) for the Kettenfabrik Mester GmbH
Data protection is important to us: That is why we collect and process your data according to the according to the legal requirements, and in particular of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) as well as other legal bases, e.g. the German Telemedia Act (TMG) in the area of electronic communication. With this declaration, we would like to fulfill our information and transparency obligations regarding the collection and processing of your personal data.Your data privacy settings
Responsible for the processing of your personal data:
Kettenfabrik Mester GmbH
The company is represented by the Managing Director: Horst Mester, Dr. Ingo Jasper.
If you have questions or require information about data protection, then you can contact us using the contact data provided above.
3. Type, scope, and source of collected data
The Kettenfabrik Mester GmbH (Kettenfabrik Mester) always collects personal data directly from you. We only collect the personal data necessary for the respective contractual purpose (principle of data economy).
Any additional information you provide is voluntary. Kettenfabrik Mester collects and processes:
- Customer data such as the name and address of the company
- Data required for the delivery note and invoicing
- Bank data to enable payments to be processed online: Data needed to establish and maintain a contractual relationship via electronic communication channels, e.g. email address, mobile phone number, etc.
- Voluntary information provided for special service requests
- Information required to provide consent to receive advertising (use of your email address or telephone number for advertising from Kettenfabrik Mester, to create profiles, presentations, etc.).
In general, you will have already provided us the necessary data in your request. In certain cases, though, it is possible that we will receive personal data from third parties.
4. Purposes of the processing of personal data, legitimation
We collect and process your data for the following purposes:
- The submission of the offer and the subsequent disclosure of information that will be needed to for the preparation of the final offer;
- For the conclusion of the contract, the fulfillment of the contract, and for customer service
- To check the creditworthiness of a customer before entering into a contractual relationship;
- To provide information on the products and services offered by Kettenfabrik Mester;
- For statistical evaluation and (marketing) action development on the basis of calculated key figures as well as for the analysis of existing contractual relationships;
- To ensure our legal obligations or official requirements are fulfilled.
Your data will only be processed using automated processes to the extent permitted by the legal framework and only with your express consent. The data will be processed according to the legal regulations such as the GDPR, the BDSG, and the TMG.
5. Manner of data processing
Kettenfabrik Mester ensures that your personal data is processed in a manner that guarantees your data will be protected. The data is processed by electronic means as well as in paper form. During processing, we maintain security standards to protect your privacy and the minimize the risk of access to this data by unauthorized persons. We have taken extensive technical and organizational precautions to protect the data you have provided us from loss, manipulation, damage, and unauthorized access. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments and the legal requirements.
The data, which is properly grouped into categories, is subsequently used for our own statistical analyses and marketing reports, but is processed for the most part in anonymized or pseudonymized form.
6. Data recipients
The data collecting entity is the company Kettenfabrik Mester GmbH. It stores all data necessary for the fulfillment of the contract and to provide customer service in its IT systems. In the context of customer acquisition and retention campaigns, your data will be collected by sales representatives and sales staff acting on our behalf. In order to provide the products and services contractually agreed to, we employ a number of selected service providers that are given access to personal data to the extent required and only for the purpose of filling the orders they receive from us. Data recipients are, in particular:
- IT service providers and consulting firms
- Financial institutions
- Sales representatives
- External service providers
- Management consultancies
- Auditing and accounting companies
- Public authorities, including tax authorities
To the extent necessary and legally permissible, your data may be transmitted to credit rating agencies for the purpose of checking your creditworthiness or obtaining information before a contract is concluded in order to check your request/order and, if necessary, during the course of the business relationship. In the event of late payment, we reserve the right to transfer your data to collection agencies or lawyers for the purpose of recovering the payments.
The data protection policies of all service providers commissioned by us are checked prior to awarding a contract, and they are obliged to comply with the statutory data protection requirements. We will not transmit any further data to third parties commissioned by us unless we are legally entitled or required to do so or if you have given us your prior consent.
7. Data retention period
Kettenfabrik Mester will store your customer data for the period of time required to fulfill the contractual relationship(s) and, if a legitimate interest exists (e.g. outstanding payments), beyond the duration of the contractual relationship. The retention period is based on the legal limitation period, which according to Section 195 ff. of the German Civil Code (BGB), for example, can be up to 30 years, whereby the regular limitation period is three years.
In addition, we are subject to certain storage and documentation duties, e.g. pursuant to the German Commercial Code (HGB) or the Fiscal Code of Germany (AO). The retention and documentation periods specified there are six to ten years.
8. Rights as a data subject
Kettenfabrik Mester safeguards and protects your rights in accordance with the GDPR. In particular, you have the right to the following:
- Obtain information from us as to whether or not we process personal data relating to you. If this is the case, you are entitled to obtain information from us about this personal data as well as about all purposes for which we process and use it;
- Obtain rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of the processing of this data unless statutory requirements prohibit any such rectification, erasure, or restriction. Kettenfabrik Mester implements a corresponding erasure concept that safeguards your rights, among others;
- Receive personal data relating to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format;
- Withdraw your consent for the use of data provided to us voluntarily, e.g. your telephone number;
- Object to the use of your personal data by Kettenfabrik Mester for direct marketing purposes
- Object to the processing of your personal data on a case-by-case basis due to a special personal situation despite an otherwise legitimate interest for processing on our part (in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR).
To assert your rights, please contact the following in writing and including your business partner data:
Kettenfabrik Mester GmbH
If you feel that the processing of personal data relating to you violates any of the provisions stated in the GDPR, then you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, either in the Member State of your residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.